Business Case / Problem:
- Prolonged periods of high temperatures may have negative effects on the size and fruit quality.
- Higher night time temperature results in lower quality fruits due to interrupted respiration.
- Low relative humidity have negative effect on the calcium uptake resulting in tip burn and calyx burn having an overall negative impact on fruit quality.
- Irrigation more than required can cause deformed organs or malformed fruits.
- The increase in salt concentration (alkaline soils) may results in plant death hence decrease in the fruit yield